here is the break down for the red carpet piece-
1-sketched on 8 x 10 paper
2- started drawing the actual layout on some 11 x 17 bristol
scanned in the 11 x 17, blew it up to 17 x 25 size, printed it out
3-transferred it to 300lb hotpress watercolor paper. the paper is very thick, so only the outlines and simple gestures are light-boxable. still easier than transfer paper mostly because i hate having that graphite residue when i start laying in water.
4- i start laying in the differnt skin tones first. i realize a lot of them look the same. mystique i did later because she's blue.
5- i forgot to take more pics of the rest of the way. but thats how the final looks once colored, inked, scanned in and some color brought back. light shoots right thru the watercolor which is transparent, so you lose a bit on the scan. easily brought back though.
6- a few minor touch ups in photoshop to smooth things out, give starfire and mystique some glow in their eyes, give the red a bit more depth. trimmed and print ready, convert to cmyk for the printers.
looking back, i woudl have done some things a little differently, but overall was okay.
i've never done this many girls at once before. it was really hard.
thanks for reading!